Outlook 2003 can't send email and keep popping for password

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dmtb

Outlook 2003 running on winxp sp3 can't receive, but can't send emails, has remember password checked and keep popping for password every 20second. the same setting was working earlier and same password work for iphone, black berry and webmail.

any idea as soon as possible will be appreciated

Thank you

K

Kris Adolfsen

Was the user's password recently changes? Lock the PC and then unlock with the most recent password and verify that the account isn't locked out.

D

dmtb

No, nothing has recently changed as the problem is also manifesting on a second computer with outlook 2003. You can still receive and send emails through blackberry and iphone and access the online or webmail using the same username and password.

Nothing changed etither locally or on the email. recreating the account didn't seem to have fixed the problem.

Thanks

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

First, you can try to create a new Outlook profile to troubleshoot the issue. For details on how to troubleshoot, you can refer to this KB article:

Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684

If the problem persists, do a Detect/Repair on Outlook. In Outlook, click the Help menu, Detect/Repair. This will repair the installation.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

K

Kris Adolfsen

Hi dmtb,

Is the user able to function in OWA without problem?

-Kris

S

Sally Tang

Hi dmtb,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If this issue is not resolved or you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

D

dmtb

Hey Sally,

It was hard to get back to you with the holidays.

The problem was fixed using Detect/Repair functionality.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.