My Outlook PST size is about 19GB, how can I seperate it into small size of psts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CyBeLLe1903

Hello,

My outlook size is about 19GB, I couldn't open it. I want to open it and get the mails in it. Is there any program which can seperate pst into small size?

Thank you

Hi,

Normally, unexpected problems may occur if the PST or OST exceeds 2GB. So, please make sure the PST or OST is smaller than 2GB.

Outlook does not have a built-in function to split a .pst file into multiple .pst files. Therefore, you have to use one of the following steps to split a large .pst file:

1. Use the Archive feature to move items to a new .pst file. To do this, follow these steps:

a. In Outlook, select your .pst file in the navigation pane.

b. On the File menu, click Archive.

c. In the Archive dialog box, click to select the Archive this folder and all subfolders check box, and then click a folder from the list.

d. In the Archive items older than drop-down box, click a date.

e. Click Browse, specify a path and a file name for the new .pst file, and then click OK.
Note The new .pst file is displayed in the Mail Folders list as Archive Folders.

If you want to change the display name for this .pst file, follow these steps:

f. Right-click Archive Folders, and then click Properties.

g. In the Archive Folders Properties dialog box, click Advanced.

h. In the Personal Folders dialog box, enter the new display name in the Name box.

i. Click OK two times to return to Outlook.

2. Use the Move to Folder feature to move items to a new .pst file. To do this, follow these steps:
. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Outlook Data File.

a. In the New Outlook Data File dialog box, click Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst), and then click OK.

b. Specify a path and a file name for the new .pst file.

c. In the Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog box, specify the display name of the .pst file in the Name box. This is the name that is used by Outlook in the Mail Folders list.

d. In the folder that contains the items that you want to move to a new .pst file, click one or more items to move.

e. On the Edit menu, click Move to Folder.

f. In the Move Items dialog box, click New.

g. In the Create New Folder dialog box, enter a name for the new folder in the Name box.

h. Under Select where to place the folder, click the new .pst file, and then click OK.

i. In the Move Items dialog box, make sure that the new folder in the new .pst file is selected, and then click OK.

Sally Tang

Hi ..
I see you have problem in splitting your PST files, there are three simple ways to split your PST files.
1. Archive them
2. Imoport& Export them and
3. Move to Folder
or you can simply download third party tools on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L what is safe size for pst of Outlook 2013 via Office 365 exchange? Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 to 2013 PST still has the 07 size limit not bigger 13 limit Using Outlook 3
J Can't Increase Outlook 2007 PST size Using Outlook 2
N Archiving folders outside of Outlook to reduce PST file size Using Outlook 2
K Moved pst to new computer, now Gmail not coming into Outlook Using Outlook 7
D Outlook app 2021 & iCloud PST issues Using Outlook 2
L Restoring Outlook from backup pst file Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Kernel Outlook .pst viewer Using Outlook 3
G Outlook Express (DBX) to Outlook (PST) Conversion Software Wanted Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5
J SCANPST errors Outlook PST repair? Using Outlook 1
M Convertor for Outlook Express Mail Store (.dbx) to Outlook Mail Store (.pst) Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2019 i dont want to buy the snake oil ost to pst programs Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2016 Unable to load Outlook data pst file Using Outlook 5
J outlook 2007 doesn't let me choose which .pst to search Using Outlook 2
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 PST Report Using Outlook 1
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
J Export Zimbra to Outlook PST Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
C Export NSF Lotus Notes files in Outlook PST format? Using Outlook 1
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
DariTrevino MIcrosoft Outlook PST file cannot repair Using Outlook 1
R PST->Outlook.com (Import vs Drag-n-Drop methods Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
K Outlook Archive to PST Files by Date Range VBA Script? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R How To Repair OST File & Export OST File to Outlook PST ? Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2016 - use of old PST file - will all emails be downloaded or only latest?? Using Outlook 1
P Moving Outlook.pst & archive1.pst Using Outlook 3
S Outlook does not open the .pst file created by the Outlook Using Outlook 5
G Can't open .pst. Message could not access default folder (Outlook 2010 (.pst). Before that was backi Using Outlook 0
Gunny NFOhiway Outlook PST file and Rules Using Outlook 1
chai1949 pst file in outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
Liz Schneider PST from Outlook 2013 is now IMAP folders in 2016 Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 pst file Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Remove a password from an Outlook *.pst File Using Outlook 3
GregS Import from Outlook.com .ost to IMAP .pst? Using Outlook 3
O Missing guide "Move an Outlook Personal Folders .pst File" Using Outlook 4
R Outlook PST not opening Using Outlook 1
U .pst file error at opening outlook Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky How to repair a damaged Outlook Personal Folders file (pst) Using Outlook 0
S Portable MS Outlook or similar using PST Using Outlook 0
Z Importing PST files from Outlook 07 to Outlook mac Preview Using Outlook 1
B No permission to access Outlook.pst file Using Outlook 1
S How to restore corrupted PST file over 2GB in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
G pst file restore Outlook 2013 from HTC One M9 Using Outlook 1
R can I transfer outlook data from old pc by using .ost file instead of the .pst Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2003-2010 PST Field Editor Using Outlook 1