Office 2010 Change Default Views

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SJMP

In outlook 2010 how can I change the default view to reading pane - Off? I need to rollout office on our TS servers and would like to set it up this way.

There are about 50 profiles on each TS server. So the change would have to be under "All Users" I assume. I dont want to disallow users from changing the reading pane view just to set the default on all folders to Off.

Thanks,

SJMP

S

SJMP

TW - I do not want to Block them from making the change - I want to change the default setting to 'off'. GPO will block them from making a change to the reading pane. I want to change the default so that after installtion they will all be off, and users can turn the reading pane on as needed.

Thanks,

S

SJMP

JaHawk -

I found this path on a local machine but not on the Terminal Server - which is where i need to make the change.
1- On my local machine where I see this path MailPaneOptions - Is 0 - the value for OFF?

2 - On the terminal server - the patch of HKCU - isnt this specific to each user? Would I have to make this setting manually on every profile?

3 -There is no option for ...Office\14\Outlook\Preference on the Terminal Server - I logged in with a few account who have outlook profiles set up and nothing is there.

J

Jahawk

Hi SJMP,

You're looking in the wrong area. The Reading Pane location is stored in your Outlook profile.

The keys you are listed at the bottom of this posting: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/outlookdev/thread/3e8b98f7-5246-46ca-b773-495e5fbe25ca

But, be sure to test thoroughly any reg hacks you are doing.

As for where these keys will be located in your TS registry, all I can say is that it will be the Outlook profile the user has.

Hope that helps. If the reg hacks don't work for you, not much you can do. User education (how to change the location or turn off the reading pane) would be my best suggestion. :-(

Take care,

Jahawk MSFT

Status
Not open for further replies.