Outlook 2010 - Sends half composed email

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jenny_B

Hi,

This is a weird problem and I can't find anyone with anything related in the forums, though to be honest I'm struggling to work out what to put into the search field to find my problem.

The problem is this - when I'm working in Outlook 2010 and typing up an email, very occasionally (it's happened 3 times in as many months) after composing the email and sending it when I look at the email in my sent items it's not the version of the email I hit Send on, it's a previous half composed version, probably saved as a draft while I was typing up the email. So I've send a reply to an email with no text in it despite having typed a response, or like today I started typing up an email, pasted some text in, reformatted it and added a question and when I looked in my sent items the sent email didn't have the question, just the email just after I pasted the text, so a bit cryptic to the recipient. :)

I've checked with the recipients in case it was just a problem with the email in my sent items and not with what actually goes out, but they receive the email as it looks in my sent items, half composed. Anyone had anything similar? Is it a known problem?

Thanks in advance!

JennyB

S

Sally Tang

Hi,

Test with a new Outlook profile.
1. Exit Outlook.
2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.
3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.
4. Click Add.
5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.
6. Highlight the profile, and choose Properties. Then Email Accounts.., add your email account in the profile.
7. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Status
Not open for further replies.