Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nilserik

I have installer Small Business Server 2008 and have a workstation with windows 7, 32 bit, connected OK. when I try to run outlook 2003, this error message comes up.

I have looked on internet and found quite a few questions of the same kind, but no solution to my problem. Most places it is Outlook 7 with the same starting error.

Nils Erik

J

Jennifer Zhan

Hi,

First, try to stop and re-start all of Exchange services on the server.

If this error still occurs, try to create and configure a new outlook profile in Outlook 2003.
Click Start, and then click Run. Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:

control panel
Open the Mail Setup dialog box:
For Windows 7: If Control Panel is in either Large icons or Small icons view, click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears. If Control Panel is in Category view, under View by, click to select either Large icons or Small icons, and then click Mail. The Mail Setup dialog box appears. In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles. On the General tab, under When starting Microsoft Office Outlook, use this profile, click Prompt for a profile to be used, and then click Add. In the Profile Name box, type the name that you want to use for the new email profile, and then click OK. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next. Click the appropriate server type for your new email account, and then click Next. Type your account information in the required boxes, and then click Next. Click Finish, and then click OK.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.