2010 Setup Error - "One or more servers running Exchange 2000"

• Thread starter Benjamin Korr
  • Start date Views 3,896
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benjamin Korr

Hello all,

I've been successful in finding solutions to all the error's I was presented with during my setup of Exchange 2010 except this one:

" One or more servers in the existing organization is running Exchange 2000 Server. Please upgrade these servers to Exchange 2003 (or later) or remove them. Installation cannot proceed until existing Exchange 2000 servers are upgraded or removed."

None of our other servers are running Exchange 2000. We do have one running Exchange 2003 but it is fully updated and service packed. This install is taking place on Windows Server 2008 R2. Has anyone else run into this during setup that was able to find a way around it?

Thank you!

T

TWHarrington

Can you run the Pre-Deployment Analyzer and post the results?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=88b304e7-9912-4cb0-8ead-7479dab1abf2&displaylang=en

Only one server showing up in your 2003 ESM?

You might also want to check in the following location for Exchange servers...Do any legacy servers show up? If so, are they still around and can be decomissioned properly? From ADSI, open Configuration partition...

Configuration -> Services -> Microsoft Exchange -> ExchangeOrgName -> Administrative Groups -> First Administrative Group -> Servers

I

ibenna [MVP]

Sounds to me like you may have had an exchange 2000 server and it was not decommissioned properly. Is this the case? Was there ever an Exchange 2000 server in the organization? From one of your domain controllers, open AD Sites and Services. Click on the Sites folder at the top and from the view menu, select to show services node. Expand the services node, and drill down the Microsoft Exchange folder through your various administrative groups to find the servers folder. Confirm all servers listed are in existence!Thank you, Ibrahim Benna MCSA+Messaging, MCSE+Messaging, MCT, MVP " Did you backup your Information Store Today?!"

B

Benjamin Korr

Thanks to Ibenna and TWHarrington,

The PD-Analyzer located an old exchange 2000 server that was improperly decommissioned prior to my hiring. Once I get that cleared away everything should be peachy keen.

Thank you!

B

Bala Osman

Dears .

i have the same issue, and i drill down in edsiedit and i found old 2000 server still there, what should i do?

kindly your help

Status
Not open for further replies.