Error moving mailbox back to Exchange 2003 from Exchange 2010.

• Thread starter kenthomas
  • Start date Views 2,393
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kenthomas

I moved a user from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 with no issues. I then decided to move the user back to Exchange 2003. The " Local Move Request" completes but when I check the status it immediately is failed with the following error:

Error: Couldn't find system mailbox 'SystemMailbox{30d5e9ab-ea8e-4983-aa25-45c034e0cb37}' in Active Directory.

When I test this in my lab environment it works. Not sure what is causing this error. All the Stores for 2003 are actively being used. I get the same error even when I select a difference Exchange 2003 server to move it to.

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

Have you tried using the EMS to do the move? If you do and are unsuccessful, please post your command and the full error message.

Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

K

kenthomas

I used the New-MoveRequest command and received the same result.

N

Novak Wu

To move the mailbox to Exchange 2003, please assure to perform it offline and the Personal Archive for a Mailbox is disabled. For more information, please refer to the following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd638157.aspx

If the issue persists, I suggest you dismount and re-mount your mailbox store. If the error still occurs, please move to the next step.

1. Create a new mailbox store on the server.

2. Move all mailboxes from the original store to the new mailbox store that you created in step 1.

3. Then try to move the mailbox to Exchange 2003

Thanks.

Novak Wu

G

Gulab Mallah

Hi,

Check if you have system attendant mailbox.

check the attribute
msExchhomemdb on SystemAttendant mailbox and paste the value.

check the attribute
msExchhomeMTA on SystemAttendant mailbox and paste the value.

-Gulab

Status
Not open for further replies.