Exchange 2007 to 2010 transition, SSL transfer question/problem.

• Thread starter Theelk
  • Start date Views 550
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Theelk

Hi,

I'm currently transitioning from Exchange 2007 to 2010. I have an SSL cert all setup on Exchange 2007 and would like to export it/import it to the 2010 machine. Has anyone seen or know of any good articles on how to do this.

I've had a quick look at Export-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint <thumbprint> -BinaryEncoded:$true -Path c:\certificates\export.pfx -password: (get-credential) .password

But have no idea what to do the other end. Also I currently have 4 thumprints listed when I run get-exchangecertificate on the 2007 server, how do I verify which is the correct one to export?

S

Sembee [MVP]

You would have to do get-exchangecertificate |fl to verify which one is the live one.

However, as you should really have the internal machine name in the SSL certificate, unless the certificate has the new machine's name in it as one of the additional names, the certificate may not work correctly.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
Blog | Exchange Resources

T

Theelk

Hi Simon - thanks for the reply.

Good point we do have the Internal machine name in the SSL.

So we have no option other than get a new SSL?

S

Sembee [MVP]

My usual recommendation is that a new certificate is purchased.
However if you are intending to have an extended crossover period this will need to cover both servers, because more certificate vendors will not allow two certificates to be active with the same name on them, which will cause a problem with autodiscover.example.com

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
Blog | Exchange Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.