How to allow admins to enable ActiveSync and edit address book information in EMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clukowicz1

Our organization runs Exchange 2010 (RTM code, Rollup 3.) I've been asked to create a role which would allow our help desk admins to enable active sync on mailboxes. I know this functionality isn't available in ECP. Currently, they are only allowed to edit address book info, like title, department, phone, address, etc. This works fine in ECP with a custom role I created, but from what I can see, they will need the EMC to manipulate the ActiveSync settings. I added management role entries to their current role for Get-CASMailbox and Set-CASMailbox. I restricted the Set-CASMailbox parameters to ActiveSyncEnabled and Identity. If I log in as my test user in this role and fire up EMC, all of the fields in the Mailbox Features tab show a yellow lock icon.

Interestingly, I see the same lock icon in the user info fields I mentioned above in EMC, which I have confirmed they can edit without an issue in ECP.

What am I missing as far as unlocking the ActiveSync field, and why would the fields they can currently edit in ECP not be available in EMC?

Thanks,

Craige

D

Dhruvaraj

F

Frank.Wang

Hi clukowicz1,

Can you run the cmdlet Set-CASmailbox -Identity user -ActiveSyncEnabled $false in the EMS?

If you can, please add another parameter to the Set-CasMailbox: IgnoreDefaultScope

e.g:

Set-ManagementRoleEntry " custom role/Set-casmailbox" -parameters Identity,ActivesyncEnabled,IgnoreDefaultScope

Frank Wang

Status
Not open for further replies.