Outlook 2003 displaying x400 instead of E-mail address when viewing Exchange 2010 GAL

• Thread starter Gil Gross
  • Start date Views 2,889
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gil Gross

Hi all,

I have a customer with Exchange 2010 Sp1, all of a sudden clients with outlook 2003 are seeing x400 instead of e-mail adresses when viewing the GAL. Users with outlook 2007 are not experincing this problem. Any help would be apreciated.

Regards Gil Gross
Gil Gross | Project Manager & Technical Consultant | G-Net Network Solutions | www.g-net.co.il

G

Gil Gross

Thanks Andy,

Owa is fine as is outlook 2007.

I tried creating a new profile and had the same issue (therefore I doubt that it's a cache issue) however I will check a client without cache and update.

Gil Gross | Project Manager & Technical Consultant | G-Net Network Solutions | www.g-net.co.il

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Be sure to look at that article and check those attributes as well.

A

Allen Song

Hi,

That's by design for Outlook 2003 which just gets the NSPI data for PR_EMAIL_ADDRESS and PR_ADDR_TYPE for the address book dialog. There is no outlook code to look up the proxies and be able to show them in the GAL container. Outlook 2003 code is written to show LegacyExchangeDN.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

G

Gil Gross

Hi Allen,

The thing is that up to a couple of weeks ago outlook 2003 was displaying the proxy address and only recently started showing the LegacyExchangeDN.

I still need to check the mail attributes in the customers Active Directory to see if they are damaged.

A

Allen Song

Hi,

It's weird. Is there any clue after viewing the mail attribute?

Allen

Allen Song

Status
Not open for further replies.