Outlook 2007. Receiving mail - no detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Susib

I use Outlook 2007 and when I receive an email, although the alert shows the wording in the email, when I go to view the email, it is blank. It doesn't happen all the time.

When I go to view the email in my web-based email programme, everything is there.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you scanning the email with an antivirus scanner? Do new messages render correctly in Safe mode? Close Outlook. Hold Ctrl as you click on the Outlook icon to open in safe mode. (Existing messages are likely damaged - you may need to re-download them once the problem is solved.)

S

Susib

Hi Diane. I'm using AVG which has an email scanner. This is a new laptop and it's the first time I've used the email scanner. I've disabled it for the time being.

I tried opening Outlook in safe mode but the affected emails were just the same.

I'll see if disabling the email scanner helps. Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Mail you've already downloaded is damanged and the only way to fix it is if you have a copy on your mail server and re-download them. The ones already downloaded will remain "broken" - if AVG is the cause (highly likely - it causes many problems), all new mail should be ok. did you disable the AVG addin or AVG completely? You only need to disable the addin from Outlook's Tools, Trust center. You don't want AVG scanning mail - you do want it running in it's "autoprotect" mode.

S

Susib

I just disabled the email scanner within AVG. Is that the same as disabling the add-in. Can't see anything about a trust centre within tools (sorry, I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to IT!)

N

Niyamath Khan

You may try to open Outlook in Windows clean boot mode to verify if you are able to view the blank emails.

Refer to the steps given in the link below to start computer to clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Ensure to restart the computer to normal mode once troubleshooting is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.