Public Folders Not Replicating Between Exchange 2007 and 2010 (Migrate/Transitioning 2007 to 2010)

• Thread starter Migration xchange 07 to 2010 Public folder issue
  • Start date Views 3,996
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Migration xchange 07 to 2010 Public folder issue

I open the Public folder consol through Exchange emc. Select my xchange 2007 server>Public Folders>Default Public Folder>Properties>Replication>add the exchange2010 pf database> i face following error i just enter the 2/3 lines only

the following error(s) occurred while saving changes:

Set-publicfolder -----------Failed

Error:

Cannot sae the object \namethefolder" Make sure that you specified the correct Identity and that you have the necessary permissions to save it.

MapiExceptionNotFound: Unable to set properties on object

(hr=0x8004010f, ec=2147221233)

Dignostic Context:

Lid: 45095.EcDoRpcExt2 Called{lenght=317

P

Paul Cunningham

On the Exchange 2010 server open the Exchange Management Console and navigate to <drive where Exchange is installed>:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts

The Powershell script " AddReplicatoPFRecursive.ps1" lets you add the new server as a replica to some or all of the Public Folders in your tree.

For example this command will ad the new server as a replica for all public folders.

> \AddReplicatoPFRecursive.ps1 -TopPublicFolder -ServertoAdd <Exchange 2010 Server>
Be aware this can take some time to complete depending on the number of public folders you have. It can also generate a lot of disk IO on the source and destination servers, as well as a lot of transaction logging on the destination server (so watch your free disk space closely).

Paul Cunningham (MCITP) Get more Exchange tips and tutorials at: http://exchangeserverpro.com

M

Thanks your reply, i already run this script and face this problem.

d:\program files\microsoft\exchange server\v14\scripts>.\AddreplicatoPFRecursive.ps1 -TopPublicFolder -ServertoAdd <server name for 2010>

Error Show after run this script.

Cannot save the object ,\pf name' Make sure that you specified the correct identity and that you have the necessary permissions to save it.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: <0:Int32> [Set-PublicFolder], MapiObjectNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 9fA31BCF, Microsoft.Exchange.Management.MapiTasks.SetPublicFolder

Cannot save the object ,\pf name' Make sure that you specified the correct identity and that you have the necessary permissions to save it.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: <0:Int32> [Set-PublicFolder], MapiObjectNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 614EE0D1, Microsoft.Exchange.Management.MapiTasks.SetPublicFolder

Cannot save the object ,\pf name' &ndash;Migration, .Make sure that you specified the correct identity and that you have the necessary permissions to save it.
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId :, BA79DF9C, Microsoft.Exchange.Management.MapiTasks.SetPublicFolder

Note:I am using my domain admin login and also add all exchange 2010 group as member.

N

Novak Wu

Hi,

To troubleshoot the issue, please perform the following steps.

1. Please open Queue Viewer and verify whether there is any failed message in Queue. If so, please clear it.

2. Install Service Pack 1 on Exchange 2010.

3. Please refer to the following article to increase the logging level for Replication and upload the Event Log to Skydrive (www.skydrive.live.com) for research.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/ferris/archive/2010/05/03/howto-increase-the-logging-levels-in-exchange-2003-2007-and-2010.aspx

Thanks.

Novak Wu

M

Hi,

Thanks for your reply; i already update exchange sp1 before migration. and there is no message in Queue viewer 2010 and 2007. And i try to access this site they not work (www.skydrive.live.com)

Please advise me the next step.

Regards,

Imran Nawaz

N

Novak Wu

I'm sorry for delay. Alternatively, please just send the log file to me directly. I will be glad to assist you to analysis the error message.

Thanks.

M

Hi Novak,

i email you please reply my email.

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.