CAS Array Question

• Thread starter DG1212
  • Start date Views 1,587
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DG1212

Is there a way to prioritize which CAS users connect to in a CAS array? I ideally want users to connect to the on-site CAS unless it goes down for some reason.

D

DG1212

I'm sorry, I may have not explained myself clearly. We have a single CAS array. The array spans two sites in AD. I would like users to connect to the on-site CAS (CAS Server1) only unless that site goes down and then they would connect to (CAS Server2).

D

DG1212

So how do you implement a DR solution for CAS across two sites/subnets?

D

DG1212

Is a CAS array needed if I have a CAS/HT for HA and then I just change then rpcclientaccessserver manually for each database?

T

TWHarrington

If you want HA for Outlook RPC access, then you need a CAS Array with at least 2 CAS servers in it. If you have to manually change the rpcclientaccessserver parameter maually to whatever CAS server is up, then you have lost your HA. Sure it will work, but you won't have HA.

D

DG1212

If I end up using the rpcclientaccessserver parameter failover method, what's the best way to update the Outlook clients without having to reconfigure everyone's mail settings to point to the alternate CAS?

T

TWHarrington

As long as you are using Outlook 2007/2010, autodiscover will reconfigure the Outlook client. But the Outlook client will recieve a message that the administrator has changed some settings and that Outlook will have to be restarted.

M

MaliStane

You create two cas array. One for Site A and other for Site B. You do not need to use two cas servers to form cas array. But by design, if there is only one CAS server in site, user's will by default use these CAS server.

A

Allen Song

Hi,

To achieve HA between the two sites for the CAS, deploy a array per site is necessary.

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

Status
Not open for further replies.