Not open for further replies.
J

José Sucré

I have a native Exchange 2010 environment with 3 servers

1st Site:
Server 1: Hub & CAS role Server 2: Mailbox role

2nd Site:
Server 3: Hub, CAS & Mailbox role

Server 2 & 3 are part of a DAG and have Public folders on each, set as replicas. Server 2 has the MsExchFirstInstance Flag set to TRUE (whatever that is). Whenever I submit a message into the mail queue (send email from outlook) it goes to Server 3's Public Folder Store before it is replicated to Server 2 (which takes 5 minutes). I would prefer the other way around, is it possible to get this going?

eg; (This shows the Queue sending mail at the time I Submited it)
http://i.imgur.com/GXRli.png

NOTE: This wouldn't be such an issue if by default the Outlook client connects to Server 2

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

So Server 3 is set as the default public folder store for your mailbox database and there are replicas of the folders on each server?

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Default what? :)

What public server is set as the default public store for the mailbox store your mailbox is in?

What server was installed last? 2 or 3?

BTW, the only true way to ensure timeliness in public folders is to not replicate folders amongst different servers. Otherwise, you can set replication to 1 minute at the least for replicas by store or individual folder replica.

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Does every Mailbox Role has respective Public Folder Database? What kind of the messages did you send?

Thanks

Allen

Allen Song

Status
Not open for further replies.