Error when moving user mailboxes: The property value is invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

laj7777

Hello!

Here is the situation: I currently run Exchange 2003 and I am transitioning to Exchange 2010 using a typical install on a single server. I received no errors when running all of the preps, everything went smooth. I have successfully moved some mailboxes to Exchange 2010 seamlessly, but most of the users receive the following error:

Error: The property value is invalid. The value can't contain leading or trailing white space.

It appears that it could be an issue with the account alias. Some had spaces in them; they were removed, but the same error occurs.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks for your help!

M

mbrat

Hi,

The error should give you exact details about which property is invalid. If the issue is with the Alias field, you may try running a PS command to double-check all your mailboxes. Something like this should work:

Get-Mailbox -Server YourExchange2003Server -ResultSize Unlimited | where {($_.Alias -like " *" ) -or ($_.Alias -like " * " )}

To fix mailboxes in batch, pipe the above command to: ForEach {$_.Alias = ($_.Alias.ToString().Replace(" " ," " )); $_ | Set-Mailbox -whatif}

Matthew

S

Sam Booka

I think I had this in a couple of places this week.

I open the legacy mailbox properties form the Mgmt console and it immediately prompts me to fix the issue.

In my cases it was spaces in the Alias as well as the domain field missing in the account info.

L

laj7777

Hi Matthew,

I will check run this command and see if there are other mailboxes with white space.

Thanks

L

laj7777

Hi Sam,

I have not tried opening the legacy mailboxes in this fashio, I will try this and check to see if there is an error.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.