Exchange 2003 SP2 OWA error 500 / unspecified on Frontend, while OMA and ActiveSync is working, even

  • Thread starter kvit
  • Start date Views 2,479
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kvit

I suddenly got this problem with frontend / RPC over HTTPS exchange server. After user enters correct credentials, page hangs for one-three seconds and displays 500 / unspecified error on https://servername.com/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll
Affected everyone, in every domain, no exceptions(so far).

OWA and Outlook Anywhere is not working at all.

OMA and Activesync (which is oma/sync) work great.

Internal OWA sites work great.

There is no errors in Event viewer, IIS log writes 2147467259 (0x80004005) error.

Yes, I did google it. Alot. I think i tried everything(not in this order):

- Recreated OWA folders

- Recreated IIS site

- Set/reset permissions

- Check app pools

- Removed exchange and IIS and reinstall everything on the same server

- Check for some Lost and Found AD garbage that microsoft think may cause 500 error

- Check open ports and connectivity

- Enabled maximum exchange logging

- Tested it with/without FBA, using HTTP and HTTPS

I've found two posts about same problem, but they was never answered.

Can I somehow get more details from this owaauth.dll? Burn in dll ____, owaauth. What do you want from me?!
 
K

kvit

it appears that RPC problem was totally unrelated to OWA. I fixed it quickly after RPCping test.

I also found that /Public is giving error 2147467259 in IIS log now. OWA itself still returns 500 / unspecified error.

2010-11-08 01:03:23 W3SVC1 xx.xx.91.24 POST /exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll - 443 - xx.xx.91.24 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+8.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+Trident/4.0;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506.30;+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506.648;+.NET+CLR+3.0.4506.2152;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+.NET4.0C;+.NET4.0E) 302 0 0

2010-11-08 01:03:23 W3SVC1 xx.xx.91.24 GET /exchweb/img/logoff.gif - 443 - xx.xx.91.24 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+8.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+Trident/4.0;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506.30;+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506.648;+.NET+CLR+3.0.4506.2152;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+.NET4.0C;+.NET4.0E) 200 0 0

> .. (all fine)

:30 W3SVC1 xx.xx.91.24 GET /Public - 443 domain\kvit xx.xx.91.24 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+8.0;+Windows+NT+5.2;+Trident/4.0;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506.30;+.NET+CLR+3.0.04506.648;+.NET+CLR+3.0.4506.2152;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+.NET4.0C;+.NET4.0E) 500 0 2147500037

Any clues?

Thanks!
 
G

Gen Lin

Hi,

1. Try to re-register some relevant .dll files by running the following batch:
----------
regsvr32 scrrun.dll /u /s
regsvr32 scrrun.dll /s
regsvr32 vbscript.dll /u /s
regsvr32 vbscript.dll /s
regsvr32 Dispex.dll /u /s
regsvr32 Dispex.dll /s
regsvr32 Jscript.dll /u /s
regsvr32 Jscript.dll /s
regsvr32 Scrobj.dll /u /s
regsvr32 Scrobj.dll /s
regsvr32 Wshext.dll /u /s
regsvr32 Wshext.dll /s
regsvr32 Wshom.ocx /u /s
regsvr32 Wshom.ocx /s
2. Give IUSR_<MachineName> account read permission to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.
3. Check Web Service Extension, make sure the status of Active Server Pages and ASP.NET vx.x.xxxx is allowed.
4. Check the ISAPI filter for Default Web Site. Make sure that it only have one 'OWALogon' Filter and its path is " c:\program file\exchsrvr\exchweb\bin\owaAuth.dll"

Then test to see if the issue persists.



 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top