Remove download or save target as option with attachments in OWA 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Vi

Hi,

Is there a way that you can remove the download or right click on the attachment to " save target as" option in OWA 2007? Correct me if I'm wrong but it will require to modify the owa template on the CAS servers?

S

Steve Goodman

Hi Michael,

You can disable download of attachments via OWA by disabling Direct file access, and optionally disabling WebReady document viewing.

This can be configured by opening the Exchange Management Console, navigating to Server Config>Client Access, select the Client Access Servers (one by one), then right click on " OWA" and choose properties. On the " Public Computer File Access" and/or " Private Computer File Access" untick " Enable Direct File Access" to disable download and if required untick " Enable WebReady Document Viewing" to enable the document to be shown in the browser when it's a supported attachment type.

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

M

Michael Vi

Hi Michael,

You can disable download of attachments via OWA by disabling Direct file access, and optionally disabling WebReady document viewing.

This can be configured by opening the Exchange Management Console, navigating to Server Config>Client Access, select the Client Access Servers (one by one), then right click on " OWA" and choose properties. On the " Public Computer File Access" and/or " Private Computer File Access" untick " Enable Direct File Access" to disable download and if required untick " Enable WebReady Document Viewing" to enable the document to be shown in the browser when it's a supported attachment type.

Steve

Steve Goodman

Hey Steve,

Work like a treat. Thanks

S

Steve Goodman

Good stuff, glad I could help.

Steve Goodman

Status
Not open for further replies.