Mails get deleted accessing a user mailbox with a different user

M

MaxE28

Hi,

we have a strange problem opening a mailbox with a different user (e.g. administrator).

It happens with Outlook 2010 connecting to an Exchange 2007 SP2 on a terminalserver.

What happens is, configured Outlook to open a different mailbox, start Outlook and just wait for about 1 minute and

then the deletion starts.

There also is another odd thing when you check the Mailbox proberties via "File" it shows the correct

user for the mailbox, but the size of a different mailbox. And if you try to restore those deleted mails they get for one restored in the right

mailbox and for the other restored in the mailbox from which it shows the mailbox size information on the "File" tab.

Anyone else encountered something like this and mybe has a fix?

Regards

Max

S

Serena Li

Hi Max,

Could you please describe your question more clearly?

Do you mean that you create a profile in Outlook and add an additional mailbox, when you open the Outlook, the messages have been deleted? Whose message? Yours or the additional mailbox"s? Have you got any error message? If yes, please paste here.

There also is another odd thing when you check the Mailbox proberties via "File" it shows the correct user for the mailbox, but the size of a different mailbox. And if you try to restore those deleted mails they get for one restored in the rightmailbox and for the other restored in the mailbox from which it shows the mailbox size information on the "File" tab.

I also cannot get the main idea of the paragraph above. Who is the correct user? You or the additional mailbox? And who is the different user? Please make it more clearly.

We can help you more effective if you provide more information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Serena

M

MaxE28

Hi Serena,

sorry if i didnt myself clear ;).

"Do you mean that you create a profile in Outlook and add an additional mailbox, when you open the Outlook, the messages have been deleted? Whose message? Yours or the additional mailbox"s? Have you got any error message? If yes, please paste here."

No, not exactly but like this: I log on to an Terminalserver (haven't tried on a client sofar) as an Administrator, i go to Control Panel select Email and change the mailbox to the user of whom i like to forward messages to another user. After that i open Outlook, leave it open on the inbox folder with no interaction on my side and wait for about a minute and then Outlook starts to delete mails, from the mailbox of the user i chose, on its own.

No error messages, no Auto-Archiving, no rules.

-------

There also is another odd thing when you check the Mailbox proberties via "File" it shows the correct user for the mailbox, but the size of a different mailbox. And if you try to restore those deleted mails they get for one restored in the rightmailbox and for the other restored in the mailbox from which it shows the mailbox size information on the "File" tab.

"I also cannot get the main idea of the paragraph above. Who is the correct user? You or the additional mailbox? And who is the different user? Please make it more clearly."

What i meant was, it shows the right user by name, whom i chose in the account settings. But the size of the mailbox, which is also shown on the "File"-Tab is from a different user's mailbox. I can't exactly tell from which user, but surely from one i accessed via Administrator before.

So the problem here is, when those mails get deleted by its own from the opened user mailbox, and restored again, those mails are back in the right mailbox, which is ok of course. But! they appear in the mailbox of the user of whom Outlook gives the mailbox size info too, which is not good!

This first started to happen with Outlook 2010, we used Outlook 2007 before where this was working as it should.

I hope you now understand my problem better.

Regards Max