Re: Outlook 2010: The task list is empty in the to do bar but there are many tasks there.

• Thread starter James-Luo
  • Start date Views 2,345
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James-Luo

Quote: “cannot view their tasks properly in their to do bar”

Do you mean the “To-Do List” node when navigating to “Task” folder?

Have the tasks ever worked normally before for the problematic users?

Please verify if all the tasks are visible via OWA

Please create a new test mailbox, and then see if the issue can be reproduced on it

James Luo

A

ADC123

Hi James,

When you view the task list in the task folder they all appear fine. It is when you are in your outlook client, in online mode, and in the To Do Bar in the right pane, the tasks do not show up....it appears empty. Yes this used to work for the person.

J

James-Luo

It could be MAPI Property of mailbox which is somehow broken or not working. Please move the one of the problematic mailboxes into another mailbox database, and then monitor the result

It"s also possible that To Do search folder got corrupt on the mailbox. Please use MFCMAPI to remove To Do Search folder

1. Use MFCMAPI to open the mailbox, navigated to “Root Container”

2. Right-click on To Do Search folder, and then delete folder (Hard Deletion)

A

ADC123

Hi,

I did the mfcmapi fix however it did not help. I did notice that if I remove all of the completed tasks that they active ones do show up in the to do bar. As soon as I complete one of them, they disappear again.

Tomove the one problematic mailboxes into another mailbox database, I will try that now.

A

ADC123

I moved the mailbox however that did not work either.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.