Connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shafiq Shaari

Hi All,
I have this issue with user, where user connection to the Exchange server keeps dropping. the exact error log is:

Connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server has been lost. Outlook will restore the connection when possible.
When this happens I can ping the Exchange 2007 server, it resolves correctly by IP and Hostname. This only happens on user that change their location from site A to site B, user mailbox at Exchange 2007 server at site A. Network is fine, it's only connection to Exchange server. Sometimes it repairs itself, other times user stay disconnected until user does a manual send/receive. Running fully patched Windows 7, with Outlook 2007.

Details:-

Site A

1. Exchange 2007 Edge server role

2. Exchange 2007 Hub/CAS server role

3. Exchange 2007 Mailbox server role

4. Active Directory 2008 server

Site B

1. Exchange 2007 Hub/CAS/Mailbox server role

2. Active Directory 2008 server

Could anyone help me with this issue,Im reli appreciated it.

V

Vministrator

well it happens when it looses MAPI conenction to the server if you are on a LAN or using Outlook on MAPI. You can always ping the server and access it from the network but disconnection happens if th Outlook is not able to make connection to the server. So it could be couple of things

Either the DNS is not resolving at the site-B when the user is trying to conenct to the server on the SITE A
Or if if happens to other users at the same time then Exchange IS services could be the issue.

I'd say make sure the DNS is the server properly.

G

Gen Lin

Hi,

Please test the problem in outlook online mode:

Test the problem on outlook online mode and see if the issue persists:
a. Click Tools->Options->Mail setup tab->E-mail Accounts.
b. Highlight the outlook account, click Change.

c. Uncheck the " Use Cached Exchange mode" checkbox and restart the outlook.
What's result?

Status
Not open for further replies.