Inbox is not syncing correctly between OWA and Windows 7 Client with Exchange 2003

• Thread starter msalazar
  • Start date Views 2,319
M

msalazar

I run Exchange 2003 and have users on OWA. One user just got a new client machine running Windows 7 and Office 2010. Since the upgrade, her inbox in the OWA interface does not sync correctly with Outlook on her client machine. For example, she moved several emails from the inbox to folders and deleted several from her inbox from her client. Then she logs in remotely via OWA and all the emails she had moved or deleted on her client are still in the inbox.

E

Evan Liu

Hi msalazar,

I suggest you to test the issue in online mode. If the issue disappears, it may be a sync issue between local PC and Exchange Server.

When you use cache mode, please wait few minutes after deleting the mail and test in OWA or create a new profile to have a try.

You can enable online mode in Outlook 2010 by this way:

Start->Control pane->Mail->Show profiles->choose the profile and click Properties->E-mail Accounts-> click “Microsoft Exchange”->Change->Uncheck “use cache Exchange mode”->Next->Finish

You can follow this document to create profile in Outlook 2010

How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Evan

M

msalazar

Thank you, Evan. I will try putting the user in online mode to see if that works. Micah Salazar

M

msalazar

It looks like putting her in " online" mode fixed the problem. Is there any disadvantage of keeping her in this mode?

Thanks,

Micah Salazar

E

Evan Liu

Hi Micah,

In contrast, Online Mode works directly by using information from the server. When new information is required in Outlook, a request is made to the server and the information is displayed. Mailbox data is only cached in memory and never written to disk.

You can get more information (Online mode and Cached mode) from this link:

Plan an Exchange deployment in Outlook 2010

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179067.aspx

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Evan