Outlook 2007 Proxy settings changing back to one of our domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jorge Quiroz

Hello:

We have an Exchange 2007 installation inside a Win2003 domain, the forest have 2 domains and 3 sites, one Exchange server for each site domains are: mexico.com.mx and us.com, our FSMO roles are located at the mexico.com.mx site (the firs DC was created here). The problem is with Outlook Anywhere. Proxy settings revert back to " mexico.com.mx" name no matter what. This works for our users located in this domain, but it prevents users located in the us.com domain to connect to OA.

If we go to Proxy settings in Outlook, and we change the Connection settings to " us.com" then, the user is able to connect to Exchange Server, but after some minutes, or if he close Outlook, the next time he opens, the configuration is reverted back to " mexico.com.mx" on the " msstd" settings, thus, he is not able to connect to Exchange until he changes the server name back to " us.com" .

I have tried disabling the " Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate" option, and it works, but after next Outlook restart, the option is again checked out and with the " mexico.com.mx" server name.

Running the command " Get-OutlookAnywhere |fl ExternalHostName" send me the results: mexico.com.mx and us.com

Any ideas?

Jorge Quiroz Guntner US LLC IT Administrator
 
G

Gen Lin

Hi,

When you starting outlook, it will connect to exchange autodiscover service to retrieve the OA external URL. This may cause the outlook problem.

Please try to change the external URL of OA to us.com:

1. Open EMS, expand to Server configuration->Client Access, right click your CAS server and choose properties. Change the external host name to us.com

2. If you have another CAS server, please also change its external url to us.com.



 
J

Jorge Quiroz

Thanks for your reply, I have checked the OA URL and it is set to us.com, because I have 3 sites (and 3 CAS servers on each site, I forgot to mention this on my last thread), each CAS server has its own OA URL, mexico.com.mx, us.com and brazil.com.br, the problem persist on the sites us and brazil, even when they have the OA URL assigned correctly.

Not sure if it is a good idea to change OA URL on the 3 CAS, as they are located at different site and currently mexico site works very well.

Jorge Quiroz Guntner US LLC IT Administrator
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top