Outlook 2010 fails to open

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lizziefin

I have just bought and installed Office Professional 2010 onto my new laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. Outlook will not open at all. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire program, I have "repaired" it and nothing enables Outlook 2010 to open. This is driving me nuts. How can I get it to work?

Thanks

L

lizziefin

The first time it ran, it picked up the settings from my original laptop which I had brought over via Easy Transfer. It did work just that once and downloaded emails from the server. Since then. not at all. When I reinstalled it didn't even last through to setup of my account. What can be done please?

L

lizziefin

There is an entry in control panel - Mail 32 bit, but not one for 64 bit, might this be the problem or am I being naive? The account showing under that Mail 32 bit entry is indeed my account together with my hormail account. I re-entered all the data but still Outlook gets halfway through loading the splash screen, tells me it's stopped working and is seeking an answer form the internet and then tells me it hasn't found one. Any more ideas?

Thanks

Brian Tillman

You appear to have the 32 bit version of Office installed and that's perfectly OK. When you open the Mail applet, click Show Profile and then Add to create a new mail profile. Add your account to that profile on the E-mail tab and on the Data Files tab, use your existing PST. Then start Outlook and see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.