Outlook 2007 - hide completed tasks from Outlook Today -Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcusaus

Previous closed post said it wasn't possible to hide completed Tasks in Outlook Today View with Outlook 2003.

Actually the Tasks that are completed that still show up in Outlook Today are usually ones that do not have a completed date in the Task. I.E. It will show a NONE for the completed date.

I'm not sure what causes the NONE to appear, but if you go to the Task View of Outlook use a view that displays the Completed Date and sort by that column you can enter a Completed Date on those Tasks (prior to the current date) and the completed Tasks will no longer display in the Outlook Today view.

DaddySam

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Previous closed post said it wasn't possible to hide completed Tasks in Outlook Today View with Outlook 2003.

Actually the Tasks that are completed that still show up in Outlook Today are usually ones that do not have a completed date in the Task. I.E. It will show a NONE for the completed date.

I'm not sure what causes the NONE to appear, but if you go to the Task View of Outlook use a view that displays the Completed Date and sort by that column you can enter a Completed Date on those Tasks (prior to the current date) and the completed Tasks will no longer display in the Outlook Today view.
For Outlook 2003

In Outlook Today

Click on the "completed Task" that you want to be hidden

On the screen that appears, select the Tab "Details", then enter a date for completion

The Task will disappear from "Outlook Today"

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
And to make changing the completed date easier, right click on the Completed date field and choose Group by this field. Drag the completed items in the None group to one of the date groups, yesterday or prior. (Tasks completed today always show.)

Status
Not open for further replies.