installation of ms exchange is currently suspended. you must undo changes to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the_jmac

Background... during a hardware move, on power down, MS updates installed, including xch rollup 2. On power on, all exchange services were disabled, including wmi, iis. Two hours of nerve rattling investigation later, re-enabled all services and server came back online. Ran BPA today and was notified FilterPack 2010 not installed. Downloaded and ran install. The install presented me with an alarming message: " An installation of microsoft exchange server is currently suspended. You must undo changes made to continue. Do you want to undo the changes?" Clearly i canceled the install.

My concern is that if i undo changes, it will muck the server up AGAIN. Will it roll back Rollup 2, disabled the services? Why is this so vague? It's the holidays and i dont want to spend another weekend screwing around with this server. What is the best course to troubleshoot this. I can live without Filterpack2010 for now, we do not have it on any desktops, but my concern is that ALL installs moving forward are going to pop this message until i 'UNDO CHANGES'! How should i proceed?

E

Ed Crowley [MVP]

I'm suspicious that your original Exchange 2010 installation didn't complete successfully. I would run Exchange 2010 Setup (use the media from the correct service pack you're running) again, specify the same roles you've already installed, and verify that it completes successfully.

Ed Crowley MVP " There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

T

the_jmac

this server has been updated a half dozen times since it went into production in october, i have never had any indication the install didn't complete correctly from the get go. I am really reluctant to start the setup again. Where are the original setup logs from the install located? I think under these circumstances, i will re-run the rollup 2. the rollup 1 installed fine in october. Is this typical? I'm a long term novell guy. i am not used having to worry about whether the updates at the server end take. if a desktop gets unstable, wipe it. servers, big hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.