Help – Outlook 2010 is not receiving G-mail (IMAP) E-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGChicago

Help Outlook 2010 is not receiving G-mail (IMAP) E-mail.

I am moving to Windows 7 / Outlook 2010 computer from a Windows XP (sp3) / Outlook 2003 computer. I configured Outlook 2010 to receive mail from 2 accounts. One (the default). is a POP account and the other is a G-mail IM AP account (in 2003 this used to be a POP account). When I configured the G mail account I let Outlook find and enter the settings. I ran the “Tests” during this procedure and both send and receive TESTs apparently “passed” for both accounts. I also confirmed that the G-mail settings were correct.

However, when I run my on tests (sending E mail on the new computer from each account to the opposite account) I find that I can not get the Outlook 2010 to receive E-mail from the Gmail account (it does not even go looking for it).

My older computer is still active so I see that my Test E-mails are being revived by the Outlook 2003 application (all tests were sent a revieved using both accounts), but not by my 2010 application. Is there some setting I am missing new to Outlook 2007 / 2010. What am I missing ? Is this a IMAP issue ?

If there is a thread covering this let me know

Thanks

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Re: Help Outlook 2010 is not receiving G-mail (IMAP) E-mail.

Do you have Gmail configured for IMAP? Outlook always defaults to imap when the server supports it, but you also need to enable it on the account settings at gmail. If you want, you can manually set up a pop account.

Status
Not open for further replies.