How to select different account when sending emails from Outlook 2003

• Thread starter Deleted member 2021
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2021

I will like to know if it's possible to select a different account when sending emails from Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003? My setup; one Exchange 2003 server running 2 domains (domain1.com and domain2.com), each user has 1 email from both but one of them is Primary. I want to be able to select which domain i'm sending from each time i create an email within Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance.

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
The only way to do that is by creating two mailboxes or setting the secondary account up as a imap or pop3 account then selecting the account.

Another options is a DL - remove domain2 address from the mailbox, create a DL with that address and the only member is the mailbox address. Give the mailbox full send as permission for DL. When mail arrives for domain2 addresses, it goes to the DL and is delivered to the domain1 mailbox. You can reply by selecting the DL from the GAL, entering it in the From field.

Or upgrade to Outlook 2010 and use two mailboxes - you can open both in outlook 2010 as normal exchange accounts.

D

Deleted member 2021

The only way to do that is by creating two mailboxes or setting the secondary account up as a imap or pop3 account then selecting the account.

Another options is a DL - remove domain2 address from the mailbox, create a DL with that address and the only member is the mailbox address. Give the mailbox full send as permission for DL. When mail arrives for domain2 addresses, it goes to the DL and is delivered to the domain1 mailbox. You can reply by selecting the DL from the GAL, entering it in the From field.

Or upgrade to Outlook 2010 and use two mailboxes - you can open both in outlook 2010 as normal exchange accounts.

Please forgive my ignorance, what do you refer when you talk about "DL" and "GAL"?

max1967

Please forgive my ignorance, what do you refer when you talk about "DL" and "GAL"?
DL = distribution list (hope I spelled it correctly).

GAL = global address list - this is the address list of all mailboxes on your exchange server

The admin needs to create the DL in the active directory on the Exchange server; its not a Contact group a user can create in their mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.