Open multiple instances of Outlook 2010 in Windows 2010

chrystinp

In XP you can go to the Outlook property box, delete "/recycle" from the end of the target address and be able to open up multiple copies of Outlook so you can have instances of mail, calendar, contacts, etc., open simultaneously.

I can not figure out how to do this with Outlook 2010 and Windows 7 and have spent more hours than I can afford trying to figure this trick out. I also can't seem to open Outlook as an administrator; however, I'm not sure that would help, either. Any help would be most appreciated.

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I just type outlook.exe in the Start Search field, but if you want to make shortcuts with different folders set to open, you can make a shortcut yourself, using the normal windows methods - either find Outlook.exe and right click, create shortcut then copy it for each additional shortcut. It should be created on the desktop. Second method is to right click on the desktop and choose New, Shortcut. Browse to outlook.exe then when finished, copy it for each additional shortcut you want to make.

I don't think the shortcuts in Win7 use the recycle switch - so you could just open them over and over. And you know if you use the Exit command, not the x in the corner, you'll close all windows and will reopen them when you restart outlook. Plus you can right click on any folder and open in a new window.

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
oh, and on the administrator part, how are you trying to run as admin? It should work to right click on outlook.exe and choose Run as Admin. But i don't think it willhelp. :)