Viewing Custom Form Fields in the Reading Pane and in Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have created a custom form based on the basic email message template with three added fields from the "Field Chooser" option; one from the frequently used fields and two from the user defined fields. In a test run I discovered that the three added fields are not visible in the Reading Pane or on replies to messages. They do show if I forward the message vs. replying to the message. :confused:

Is there a way to resolve this? I would really like to see the fields in all cases.

Forum Admin

When you edit the form, there is a reading and editing option - are you using separate read and compose pages?

pages-0307.jpg

BTW - the screenshot is default, so im pretty sure its your problem.

Mel

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
No, I have the Separeate Read Layout box unchecked. I see the fields just fine when I open the email but I don't see them in the Reading Pane. I also seem to lose them when I click Reply (clicking Forward retains the fields). See screen shot below.

Form Creation.jpg

Received Email.jpg

Reading Pane.jpg

What do you mean by "the screenshot is default"? Are you refering to the Reading Pane?

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Custom fields don't display in the reading pane. I'm actually surprised that you see the message - in past versions custom forms didn't preview at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.