Help with multiple email accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

schlossy

I hope someone can help me or tell me this can not be done. I have 2 pop email accounts. My main one and a secondary account. I want to have all the messages that come into the secondary account to go in a folder labeled Misc. Can that be done? If that can be done can I have a sound for incoming message for the main account, but not the secondary one?

thanks in advance

Forum Admin

What version of Outlook?

Yes, it can be done - you can use rules or if using Outlook 2007/2010, set the delivery folder in Account Settings.

To handle the sound, turn it off in outlook and configure a rule to play a sound for all mail from the main account.

schlossy

Thank you so much for responding. I am using 2010. Could you please give me a little more detail as I have never used rules before. I really appreciate it.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Ok... go to file, Account settings, select the second account and the click Choose folder to save it in a different folder.

Now go to Rules command and choose manage rules and alerts.

Click New Rules then apply to messages i receive (at the bottom).

click Next and select 'thru the specificed account' and select the main account by clicking the link in the bottom section.

click next and choose the play a sound action. Select a sound by clicking in the link in the bottom section.

finish the wizard and the rule is ready to go.

schlossy

Hi

go to file, Account settings, select the second account and the click Choose folder to save it in a different folder

I tried what you said on a computer with 2007 Outlook and the emails still come to the inbox. Is there an apply button I am missing? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.