Outlook 2007: Shared Tasks not displaying on my To-Do Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph

Hi there, I am on exchange server. I have full access to a colleague's Mailbox (i.e. full 'Delegate' access-ie the highest level and also with 'Permission' level set at highest). The problem I have is that when I turn on this person's Calendar, and turn off my own Calendar, with the To-Do Bar showing on the right, it is always my Tasks I see and not my colleague's which as I mentioned, I have been granted full access to. The only place I can see their Tasks is through the main Tasks folder, which is not what where I want to have to go to see them.

In Outlook 2003, there is not this problem and you are able to see the other person's Tasks in the TaskPad against their Calendar on the left. A fix I discovered in v.2003 if initially my own Tasks showed up on the TaskPad on not the other person's, was to click on the main Tasks folder in the Navigation Pane, then click on Calendar again and it would sort of refresh the view ending up showing the other person's Tasks. However this has not worked for v.2007.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steph

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The taskpad in the to-do bar is your tasks only. The taskpad under the calendar would be the one you'll see his tasks on.

I should add that I'm not sure you will - but that is where it would be as its the taskpad that was on the right before. You'll need to use a day or week view, not the month view.

Steph

Hi Diane - thanks - I tried this and the issue I have is that I can't see his To-Do Bar against his Calendar in the v2007 i.e it does not pick up his To-Do Bar at all with his tasks listed on it. (the problem appreas to exist in version 2007's 'To-Do Bar' rather than 2003's 'TaskPad'). So with regards to sharing, thus far it would seem that it's a feature available in 2003 and not in 2007?

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Not Diane, but correct. The To-do bar will not show the tasks as the old taskpad did. The "new" taskpad is a box under the calendar's day and week views but I haven't tried viewing other people's tasks there. The taskpad will display with the first calendar so the same trick you used before might work.

Steph

Hi, has anyone discovered yet if in Outlook 2007 you can see another person's To-Do Bar with their Tasks OR To-Dos (ie flagged emails) on it? ie having been granted full access to this person's Mailbox (full 'Delegate' access-etc and 'Permission' level set at highest). I don't want to see them through the main Tasks view in my Outlook, I want to see them through on To-Do bar...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No on the to-do bar. The only place you'd have any change of seeing them (besides in their Tasks folder) is on the Taskpad when viewing the calendar, not the to-do bar's task pad.

Steph

Thanks - I am just a bit confused, as as far as I am aware in 2007 (for terminology's sake!) there is no "TaskPad" that there is in 2003 - I have always referred in Outlook 2007 to it as a "To-Do Bar" which happens to have tasks on it, as well as flagged emails)

Is this therefore what is meant?

"Not on the Outlook 2007 to-do bar. The only place you'd have any change of seeing them (ie shared tasks) (besides in their Tasks folder) is on the Outlook 2003 Taskpad when viewing the calendar, not the Outlook 2007's to-do bar's task pad.

If this is right, is the conclusion that you cannot see shared Tasks in Outlook 2007's To-Do Bar?

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
The to do bar will not display shared tasks. No way, no how.

The taskpad equivalent is in the calendar - i have not tried displaying other peoples tasks there but I'm pretty sure it won't work - that its only active for your default calendar and task folder. That is that only place you'd have a chance of seeing someone else's tasks. Pull the grab bar or look on the view menu for Daily tak list options.

taskpad2007.png

Steph

Many thanks for confirming. Got a bit confused with the terminology used - Daily Task List = TaskPad in this case I see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.