• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Remote BCM database 2010 hosted via Godday SQL Server + access via PC Window 7

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Questions:

I have hosted website and can create and access SQL and SQL Server databases. I have one PHP application already working via a Godaddy Host.

I was able to create a SQL Serve 2008 database, But here is what I need.
  1. My exist BCM database is on a local harddrive and runs on a PC: Windows 7 64 and Office Oultook 2010 with BCM (SQL Sever Express 2008). Works Perfectly.
  2. I want to upload my existing BCM database to the Godadday SQL Server space.
  3. I want to have 3 remote users (in 2 States) with the same access and similar configuration run off the uploaded and hosted BCM database.
Is this possible?

What do I need to do this?

Comment: It boogles my mind that Miscroft CRM 11 cannot perform this function. I been on the phone with their Techs for a week and they can't even import my database without numerous errors and removing all functionallity.

Re: Remote BCM database 2010 hosted via Godday SQL Server + access via PC Wind

While you can share a BCM database and keep it on a remote computer, you can't share it over the internet.

A VPN connection to your database would be one option, if your network supports it. Because VPN can block the ability to connect to other internet sites (including mail servers), the users could connect to sync the changes then disconnect. No one would have real time data though, which may or may not be an issue.

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3

While you can share a BCM database and keep it on a remote computer, you can't share it over the internet.

A VPN connection to your database would be one option, if your network supports it. Because VPN can block the ability to connect to other internet sites (including mail servers), the users could connect to sync the changes then disconnect. No one would have real time data though, which may or may not be an issue.
What VPN service would you recommend, or can a VPN be created by a user?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

I would use the VPN service in windows server - but if you don't have a windows server, I'm not sure as i'm not familar with other offerings.