Change order in which multiple exchange accounts are displayed in outlook tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1000

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
When setting up multiple exchange accounts (4 of them) is there any way to change (or control) the order in which they are displayed from top to bottom in the outlook tree.

I want to have the one I use most at top and the one I use least at bottom.

saigasmith

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Re: Change order in which multiple exchange accounts are displayed in outlook

No, the accounts are ordered automatically and cannot be changed. However, for easier access to specific folders, users can right click on a folder and add it to the Favorites box.

Forum Admin

They should be alphabetical (by email address), after the default account. It's always on top. If you want the most used one on top, set it as the default account.

David_H

When setting up multiple exchange accounts (4 of them) is there any way to change (or control) the order in which they are displayed from top to bottom in the outlook tree.

I want to have the one I use most at top and the one I use least at bottom.
Great minds think alike, I was just searching for a solution to this too, but figured that accommodating this, like many other things, would never occur to the designers. Oh well.

You could also use the Shortcuts option on the navigation bar and then order all of your folders in any way that you want. I actually prefer that to using the favorites folder.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

I'll have to check to see if its the alias or display name that outlook uses to set the order - if the alias, you could beg or bribe the admin to change it, but if its a shared account and someone else wants it ordered last, you'll have to duke it out. :)

You can reorder the accounts in Account Settings, although I'm not sure what the purpose is, since it doesn't appear to affect the order in the folder list.

lmhansen

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server

Late to the party, but here goes.

Even in Outlook 2010, you cannot change the order of the accounts. The only way to get around this is to create a new Outlook profile, and then add the accounts in the order in which you want the accounts to appear.

Even changing the default account after the profile has been created does not appear to affect the order in which the accounts appear in the Mail Folders pane in Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010.

The re-ordering of the accounts in Account Settings doesn't appear to have any affect anywhere but in this window.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

They should be in alpha order regardless of the order you add them, with the default exchange on top then in alpha order by display name (email address by default). If you mean you edited the display name and it didn't change the order, then yes, you need to change the display name as you create the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.