More than one outlook account to setup & move

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech-1

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi, I have just purchase a new HP desktop computer with Windows 7 64-bit OS. I have installed MS Office 2010 Pro 32-bit version. The PC has i5 processor, 8GB ram & 1.5Tb hard drive.

I have 5 different e-mail account with Comcast and currently 5 different user account on my old PC (that’s why 5 e-mail accounts). I would like to have 2 or 3 user accounts on the new PC with all 5 e-mail accounts available in all of the user accounts. How can I do what I want on the new PC?

Currently I leave all incoming mail on the server and move e-mails to PST’s as needed to each user account. I view my e-mail via the internet when I am not home so I need to leave the e-mail on the server. I am using MS Office 2003 Pro on the old PC. The old PC is still working fine for now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

By user accounts, do you mean Windows user accounts or Outlook profiles? You can add all 5 email accounts to one profile in outlook - if you want separate profiles for some accounts you can copy the profile and remove accounts from it. The default setting in outlook 2010 is to delivery each account to its own pst file. Outlook 2010 also uses the account assigned to the pst file as the default account for new mail -some people don't like this change in behavior, but i like it as it can switch to a folder and send out new messages for that account with out worrying about not using the correct account.

It's difficult to move profiles to new machines - we recommend setting them up fresh - but you can move the pst files. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp for the steps needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky More Tools and Utilities for Sharing Outlook Data Using Outlook 0
F Missing "More Settings" in Outlook 2007 Professional Using Outlook 8
M Can't open same msg file more than once at the same time in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
A Setting RULES with more than one condition in MS OUTLOOK Using Outlook 6
C Whose brilliant idea was to make it more difficult to scroll in Outlook? Using Outlook 0
G "database is not compatible with BCM for Outlook 2013" & more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Using iCloud in more than one Outlook profile Using Outlook 0
B Consolidating more than one Outlook profiles Using Outlook 1
dolke Strange Outlook behavior when receiving emails. More info in the content... Using Outlook 7
S Help with optimizing Outlook (With BCM and more) Using Outlook 3
D Add-In or Other to Make Outlook More "OneNote Like"? Using Outlook 5
E Display Outlook Data from more than one Folder like SQL JOIN Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U Outlook does not recognize one or more names Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How create a Rule to filter sender's email with more that one @ sign Using Outlook 1
C blocking two or more word domains separated by period/dot Using Outlook 3
C How to use VBA to show only items x days old or more Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA to delete duplicates by message-id on common pst for 2 or more emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
B When I add more search strings to RULES, it is not processing them Using Outlook 3
O Display more months in 'Tasks' Using Outlook 3
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
E When more than "ItemSend" is needed Using Outlook 5
K adding more rules to 'different domains check' macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Booking meetings more than 180 days out Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Using Outlook 0
W Showing more months in the Calendar nav pane Using Outlook 10
B Search Folder for search messages in more than one account and / or multiple PST folders Using Outlook 3
C Quick Parts signatures suddenly require more letters Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Make 'today' stand out more in the calendar Using Outlook 0
N To do bar - show more than 30 days of appointments Using Outlook 0
Q shortcut to more stationery Using Outlook 4
O Stop more than one person responding to an email? Using Outlook 1
J Show three or more months in Calendar Using Outlook 1
T using IMAP with a single email account on two or more computers Using Outlook 3
M No More Spam Mail Using Outlook 1
K Need to get OOO messages more than once for the same email box Using Outlook 2
Y BCM Contacting 2 or more contacts under one account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Would like to add more fields in the Genral contacts tab Using Outlook 1
C Looking for way to tie a Business Contact to more than one Account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
D RE: How to display more items per day in monthly calendar? Using Outlook 2
E Creating Form Regions with more than one page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
E Creating Form Regions with more than one page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
G To Prevent Malicious Code from running, one or more objects in thi BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Unable to enumerate Mailboxes in NON Cached Mode (if more than 2) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Q More than one Notes section in custom contact forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For m Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I one or more parameters not valid 2007 sending email BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0