More than one outlook account to setup & move

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech-1

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi, I have just purchase a new HP desktop computer with Windows 7 64-bit OS. I have installed MS Office 2010 Pro 32-bit version. The PC has i5 processor, 8GB ram & 1.5Tb hard drive.

I have 5 different e-mail account with Comcast and currently 5 different user account on my old PC (that’s why 5 e-mail accounts). I would like to have 2 or 3 user accounts on the new PC with all 5 e-mail accounts available in all of the user accounts. How can I do what I want on the new PC?

Currently I leave all incoming mail on the server and move e-mails to PST’s as needed to each user account. I view my e-mail via the internet when I am not home so I need to leave the e-mail on the server. I am using MS Office 2003 Pro on the old PC. The old PC is still working fine for now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
By user accounts, do you mean Windows user accounts or Outlook profiles? You can add all 5 email accounts to one profile in outlook - if you want separate profiles for some accounts you can copy the profile and remove accounts from it. The default setting in outlook 2010 is to delivery each account to its own pst file. Outlook 2010 also uses the account assigned to the pst file as the default account for new mail -some people don't like this change in behavior, but i like it as it can switch to a folder and send out new messages for that account with out worrying about not using the correct account.

It's difficult to move profiles to new machines - we recommend setting them up fresh - but you can move the pst files. See http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp for the steps needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.