Identifiying who changed or updated an appointment in Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athol

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Is there anyway of identifying who changes a calendar appointment in Exchange?

One of my clients uses shared calendars as resources (meeting rooms) to schedule appointment. Occasional an appointment is changed or deleted.

The question is "whodunnit"?

Thanks for our help.

No, not really. Outlook will show who created an item in the Organizer (From) field and sometimes you'll see the name of the last person who edited the item listed in that field, but it doesn't have a change log so the name in the Organizer field is not necessarily the one who made a specific change - its just the last person who touched it.

Use a list view (like All Appointments), right click on the row of field names and choose Field Chooser - find the Organizer or From field (same field, different name depending on which folder type) and drag it to the row of field names.

The organizer/from field won't show who modified the event, at least not in current versions. I dont recall if it did in older versions.

you mean in the latest version like 2010 there will be no such thing

Right - in Outlook 2010, the organizer field lists the person who created the appt, not the last person who edited it. I forget how it worked in older versions, but i think it showed the last person to edit the appt.

you mean in the latest version like 2010 there will be no such thing

In Outlook 2010, isn't the field "lastmodifiedby" or "modifiedby"? It must be a field because the data shows when you open an entry and look in the bottom right. It'd be fantastic to create a view of only entries modified by person x! Any help welcomed!!!

Do you see that in all calendarS? AFAIK, that field is only visible when you view a shared calendar, not your own calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Email notifications changed with Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 8
Cathy Rhone The properties of the message have been changed Using Outlook 1
V Contacts in O365 have changed?? Using Outlook 20
M Message list font changed after update Using Outlook 2
O How come default profile changed? Using Outlook 2
S Reboot of frozen windows7 results in changed outlook 2007 settings Using Outlook 1
A Using or not using apostrophes in search terms has this changed? Using Outlook 0
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
P Message List Font Changed Using Outlook 6
O Windows 1803 update : QAT and toolbar changed, language pack gone... Using Outlook 5
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
K Update Appointment category when changed in Excel Using Outlook 3
S Bullets Being Changed to Rectangles Using Outlook 15
E 365 Outlook changed from POP3 to IMAP,all contacts lost Using Outlook 3
M Multiple User Defined Fields that can be added, changed, updated using VBA and user form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J "This item has been changed still want to delete it" message Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Changed behavior in Outlook 365 Home and Gmail account Using Outlook 2
B "The properties of the message…have been changed" error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Font size changed in new mail messages Using Outlook 5
B Address domain changed after pressing Ctrl+K Using Outlook 3
W Outlook 2007 changed from POP3 to IMAP Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2007 Calendar Ribbon has changed and I can't fix it Using Outlook 10
T The Formatting Changes When A Recurring Appointment is Changed Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 - changed an account from POP3 to IMAP, POP3 'Phantom' appears Using Outlook 15
E Inbox view changed can't get it right Using Outlook 0
B quick help with "changed by" field in a shared mailbox?? Using Outlook 3
S Meeting Time Changed to Central on calendar entries (not all) Using Outlook 2
G Outlook2013 - "From" name doesn't change even when changed in Account Setting Using Outlook 4
M Email Format getting changed to Plain Text Using Outlook 1
B Day count in rules gets changed in Office for Mac 2011 Using Outlook 1
T I recently changed my pop3 email to an imap - question on folders Using Outlook 3
J Changed my "From" email address creates problem with previously saved contacts Using Outlook 20
B Appointment Tab has changed Using Outlook 2
S Outlook Contact Scroll bar direction - can it be changed? Using Outlook 3
J Changed Folder Structure; Outlook Doesn't Interact Properly Now Using Outlook 3
N Changed the "sender" account and lost all my text Using Outlook 2
J Calendar Appointments move when Computer Time Zone changed. Using Outlook 5
T Changed password now can't send/receive Using Outlook 1
B W7OL2010 Changed to imap, disabled old account, what to do about my calendar? Using Outlook 4
P How to restore my previous address book after an iPhone sync changed it Using Outlook 2
P [SOLVED] Outlook-Hotmail Birthday Calendar changed by one day Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
R Outlook 2010 Changed "Recover Deleted Items" Behavior Using Outlook 11
P the outlook 2007 calendar cannot be saved because it was changed by another user or in another windo Using Outlook 4
W BCM in changed profile now unable to access BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Changed Message class; forms with data resist. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A issue with the sender's name getting changed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H I have changed e-mails how do I send new address to all my contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Retrieve the Mails with the attachment names changed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Sending contact vcards sends older version instead of updated version Using Outlook 4