"Full Item has not been downloaded" message. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatlingun

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
I am using Outlook 2010 and receiving my emails from my hotmail account connector (MAPI). I get emails that just blink, don't download, and I get the message "This message is a header. The full item has not been downloaded" I am not computer savy so please excuse my ignorance! What can I do?

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Press Ctrl+Alt+S to open the Send/Receive dialog - then select the send receive group and click Edit - check the Hotmail account to see if its set to download full messages.

gatlingun

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Yea I tried that yesterday after reading another blog. It did not work. I selected "download complete item using attachments" Thanks for the reply though.

Mike

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Was it set to only download headers? That setting may only apply to new items, not mail already downloaded.

If you double click to open, does the message download and open?

If you right click and choose mark to download, does it download on the next send/receive? You can select all and mark all to download...

maushana

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi, I'm having this same issue. I had setup my Outlook 2010 to only download the headers only to speed things up but noticed I was not able to view my attachments. So I went back and set it to download the full message. Now all my old emails that I download just the header for I can't view them or download them. I tried to double click the message but nothing happens. Also, if I right click the message I don't get any option to download the full message. Is there any way to force outlook to download the full message? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.