"Full Item has not been downloaded" message. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatlingun

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
I am using Outlook 2010 and receiving my emails from my hotmail account connector (MAPI). I get emails that just blink, don't download, and I get the message "This message is a header. The full item has not been downloaded" I am not computer savy so please excuse my ignorance! What can I do?

Press Ctrl+Alt+S to open the Send/Receive dialog - then select the send receive group and click Edit - check the Hotmail account to see if its set to download full messages.

Yea I tried that yesterday after reading another blog. It did not work. I selected "download complete item using attachments" Thanks for the reply though.

Mike

Was it set to only download headers? That setting may only apply to new items, not mail already downloaded.

If you double click to open, does the message download and open?

If you right click and choose mark to download, does it download on the next send/receive? You can select all and mark all to download...

Hi, I'm having this same issue. I had setup my Outlook 2010 to only download the headers only to speed things up but noticed I was not able to view my attachments. So I went back and set it to download the full message. Now all my old emails that I download just the header for I can't view them or download them. I tried to double click the message but nothing happens. Also, if I right click the message I don't get any option to download the full message. Is there any way to force outlook to download the full message? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Can't move folder, the folder is full Using Outlook 0
P Can't see full text in From and Subject line Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Close a Meeting When the Room is Full Using Outlook 0
H "Advanced find: column for full folder path? Using Outlook 1
D How to force full message download for all Gmail messages in all folders with IMAP in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
E Getting Outlook full name correct with AddressLayout Using Outlook 1
Britonius Admin cannot view full room calendar permissions Using Outlook 8
M Attachments mixed up - secure temp folder 'full'??? Using Outlook 0
D How to keep Outlook 7 open to full screen Using Outlook 2
B Full name of contact is now the company name Using Outlook 0
R problem with incomming e-mail I am unable to print full e-mail letter Using Outlook 1
S Full-day events Using Outlook 1
D Default for full Justification Exchange Server Administration 1
W Names reversed in Full Name field Using Outlook 4
G 'primary' filegroup is full BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Primary file group is full error message BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
D href tags does not result in the full url with Redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Mailbox is always full Using Outlook 2
T Outlook365 search item listed as "potential matches" can't be opened Using Outlook 0
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
O In Agenda-view - How to copy an existing item months ahead or back? Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 dont delete inbox item Using Outlook 0
talla Can't open Outlook Item. Using Outlook 0
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
B Zoom automatically next email item (VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Command Button_Click action on Item/Reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Pictures degrade each time an Outlook item is edited and re-saved Using Outlook 1
B Change row background color of selected item Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 "Item could not be moved - still an issue for Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
geoffnoakes Find Contacts with UDFs "in this item" Using Outlook 1
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
GregS Many Sent Item folders Using Outlook 3
B Select / activate first email item in the searched query Using Outlook 1
4 Macro to set the category of Deleted Item? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N "Discussion" item Using Outlook 3
T outlook.com opens with "item not found" Using Outlook 1
Peter H Williams How to Move Mail item after processing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Change default "Save Sent Item To" folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Shortcut to another outlook item Using Outlook 0
M Item edits doesn't always sync Using Outlook 11
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1
M VBA to change flag status in outlook contact item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Replying to calendar item using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Outlook item link Using Outlook 0