Outlook 2003 reports downloading messages but cannot see them.

frogman23

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
This morning, I did a Send/Receive and the notification icon showed something like "Receiving 1 of 4". However, I can only see 1 message in my Inbox. There are no new mails in Spam, nor do there seem to be any in any other folders (Outlook is configured to send all mail to the Inbox).

I receive all my mail (POP3) via 2 Gmail accounts and examining them on line, by looking in the All Mail box, shows no sign of any mail other than that I've downloaded.

As this is a reinstallation on a new Windows 7 laptop, I'm suspicious that I might be missing something but I'd be grateful for any insight.

Thanks.

Iain

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Any rules that could be moving them?

A search folder for mail received today might be helpful - it will display all new mail in your pst file, read or unread, that arrived today.

How many accounts are in the profile? Are all updates installed? Outlook can't always count right - and the 1 of 4 could be 1 message, 4 accounts.

frogman23

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane

Thanks for your prompt reply. I've got 3 email accounts - 1 with my satellite broadband provider (here in the depths of France, you've got to take what you can get) and 2 Gmail - they're all correctly configured and otherwise working as expected. All Windows and software are up to date (I use the excellent Secunia PSI to make doubly sure). A search of mail arriving over the last few days doesn't throw up anything new.........

I have noticed odd quirks with Outlook 2003 before and I guess this is just another one. But it does just about everything I want, so I can't complain.

Thanks again for your help

Iain