BCM 2010 Cannot Connect to Remote Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have a 3 computers on a network running Outlook 2010 with BCM. 2 of the computers can connect and see the database just fine, 1 of them will not. I have verified the sharing within BCM and with the BCM Database Administration Tool. I can see the computer that is sharing the database on the network and can access shared files on it. I have turned off the firewalls and Anti-virus programs but I cannot get past this. The computer that hosts the database was upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2010 recently. Any ideas? Any other information I could provide that would help?

Thanks,

Mike H.

chockomonkey

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I did experience this with 2 workstations out of 14 during my deployment, we are on office 2010, but the server is running exchange 2k3, the database sharing tool for BCM, and sql 2k5.

I assume you're talking about the screen where it tells you, on the client computer, to "Type the name of another computer to connect to a database on that computer."

This is where I had my issue, and what ended up being necessary for these 2 workstations was the port number. I dont' remember where it tells you the port number, or what one i used (maybe someone else can point you in the right direction--i remember it being at the end of some installation). The format, however, was:

{SERVER}\{SQL_INSTANCE}, {PORT#}

Status
Not open for further replies.