Status
Not open for further replies.

davidhix

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

I have used Outlook 2010 on my home machine for many years. Recently I moved house and was forced to change my ISP to SKY.COM from Virgin Media's xxx@ntlworld.com domain. I set up the new POP3 account manually as the SKY auto settings detect did not work. The account works fine, except I could not remove the old Inbox, Send Folders, etc, but was happy it worked for now. Tonight I decided to have another attempt to clean up the accounts (using Diane Poremsky's info from other threads). I just want to completely remove the old ntlworld account but cannot seem to do this. The ntlworld.com no longer appears as an acount in the Account Settings dialogue, but if I select Change Data File it still appears below the new xxx@sky.com account.

Any help much appreciated.

davidhix

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Is that data file listed in file, account settings, data files tab? If so, remove it from there
Hi Diane,

Thanks for getting back so quickly. In the Account Settings dialogue it only shows one account and one file as below (it is actually my Wife's account):

HICKS_LINDA@sky.com\Inbox

in data file C:\Users\Lin\Documents\Outlook Files\HICKS_LINDA@sky.com.pst

I was hoping it would show:

Linda.Hicks2@ntlworld.com

in data file C:\Users\Lin\Documents\Outlook Files\Linda.Hicks2@ntlworld.com.pst

> ..but it does not.

I removed the Linda.Hicks2@ntlworld.com.pst from the folder manually, but Outlook would not start.

If you select Change Folder, it displays both addresses with an Inbox folder under each. Although the the Icons for each address are different. The Sky address has a standard Folder Box Icon whereas the ntlworld address has a an icon with a clock and a house on a piece of paper. Thanks again for your help. David

PS: If this reply is a duplicate, it is by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.