Status
Not open for further replies.

MauiSpud

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Aloha,

I updated my Outlook 2003 (POP3 pst) to Outlook 2010 (32 bit POP3). When I did that, all my messages (5500 of them) started being received again!. I figured that this was because a new email reader was detected so the messages would be marked as not downloaded. After the many hours of waiting, everything was normal for a few weeks. Then, all of a sudden, today, all emails were being downloaded again. I stopped the send/receive and closed outlook as I don't want to have to delete all of those messages again (actually, I have a rule in place to move them all to the deleted items folder if they are older than a certain date.

I can handle this one more time but I don't want to have to have this happen every so many weeks. Any ideas as to what is going on and how to fix it?

Mahalo,

Spud

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
How many email accounts do you have configured in Outlook?

Are you scanning your pst with antivirus? Running scanpst on the pst? Its possible the mailbox manager file that tracks the last downloaded message is corrupt - or something is deleting it.

When you updated, did you make a new profile? That would result in the messages being downloaded again.

MauiSpud

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
How many email accounts do you have configured in Outlook?

I have about 12 different accounts (all a lot of different business ventures that I have had) - it is the same one account reloading.

Are you scanning your pst with antivirus?

Yes

Running scanpst on the pst? Its possible the mailbox manager file that tracks the last downloaded message is corrupt - or something is deleting it.

Not yet for scanpst

When you updated, did you make a new profile? That would result in the messages being downloaded again.

I did not make a new profile. Outlook did all the upgrading for me.

Thanks you for a quick response.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are the accounts all delivered to one pst? Outlook 2010 changes how it handles mailbox manager files. It puts new accounts in their own pst file and stored the MM file in each pst file. When you using multiple accounts delivered to one pst file, the MM files can get corrupted - when this happens only the default acct works as expected and the other accounts redownload mail.

To solve the problem, either delete mail from the server or a different pst for each account. A new profile with the same configuration as you have now might work - it has for some but not for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.