Outlook 2003 can't sign in to my Hotmail account

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue sky

Outlook version
Email Account
Using Outlook 2003 / XP and been connecting with my Live Hotmail account no problem until mid-morning when I cgot the error "could not sign in" with the detailed report stating "The network connection was interrupted. Make sure your network cable is attached properly to your computer. If you still cannot connect, try again later".

Network connections are perfect as sending and recieving emails on another account. Have uninstalled and re-installed Outlook Connector, have "repaired" Office all to no avail! Have not installed any programs last few days. Virus, firewalls all up to date. The only good news is that I can still access my emails via my browser.

Anyone any ideas???

catherized

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
When errors like this happen with hotmail, patience is a virtue - many times they resolve themselves without doing anything. At most, I'd reboot the computer and the router/modem but would not mess around with reinstalling software. Oh, and I'd try starting outlook in safe mode, although it won't work with hotmail connector (it won't be loaded in safe mode).

Status
Not open for further replies.