Sorting and crossing over project tasks in project window (BCM 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robo08

Two issues in one thread really, but they are in the same frame to me!

First - In BCM 2007 when you opened the Project window and viewed the Project tasks in the box at the bottom, completed tasked where crossed over and grayed. This made it so much easier to get an overview of how much was done. Is there any way to get back to this in 2010?

Secondly - This is my pet peave and drives me crazy for being so stupid in my eyes (please give me a solution to show I'm the stupid one). In the same Project Task box in the Project window they're sorted after God knows what. I'd like them to be sorted after date personally. If I sort them after date there is no storing of this setting and if I open a Project Task via the box, it re-sorts to the "random" order. Is there anyway to set this sorting as a standard so that it is kept? And also to remove fields and set width of the fields (since the Project Task subject often is to wide to show)? If you solve this one for me I might marry you, cause it is really bugging me!

Two issues in one thread really, but they are in the same frame to me!

First - In BCM 2007 when you opened the Project window and viewed the Project tasks in the box at the bottom, completed tasked where crossed over and grayed. This made it so much easier to get an overview of how much was done. Is there any way to get back to this in 2010?

Secondly - This is my pet peave and drives me crazy for being so stupid in my eyes (please give me a solution to show I'm the stupid one). In the same Project Task box in the Project window they're sorted after God knows what. I'd like them to be sorted after date personally. If I sort them after date there is no storing of this setting and if I open a Project Task via the box, it re-sorts to the "random" order. Is there anyway to set this sorting as a standard so that it is kept? And also to remove fields and set width of the fields (since the Project Task subject often is to wide to show)? If you solve this one for me I might marry you, cause it is really bugging me!

Hi,
Did you ever get an answer to your second question? Totally my pet peeve...
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2016 Arrange tasks by date, additional custom sorting, but still use friendly terms like Today, Tomorrow, This week? Using Outlook 1
M Sorting by Day in Date Column Advanced Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E Mail sorting view issue Using Outlook 1
P Is there any way of sorting the task list in CALENDAR view? Using Outlook 4
M Sorting messages by read/unread status Using Outlook 8
B How do I REALLY disable Outlook Junk E-mail sorting in OL2010 and/or 2013? Using Outlook 1
D Question re: Grouping by Due Date vs. Sorting by Due Date Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Sorting and grouping on 2 date fields Using Outlook 1
M Sorting "sent emails" is not logical. Is there a better way. Using Outlook 4
D Macro for sorting email according to sender and subject Using Outlook 0
S Sorting by combined categories in Outlook Using Outlook 1
M 2010: sorting by ORIGINAL send date Using Outlook 1
B Sorting suggested times in room finder Using Outlook 1
P Sorting Task List so tasks with no due date end up at the bottom Using Outlook 4
A Sorting of existing contact in Outlook 2003 just will not sort Using Outlook 2
Q Sorting tasks by calculated field - automatically update task-fiel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
E Project Management - Adding Folders for Different Folder Types Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Z Outlook Custom Form: Adding Dropdown(Project Code) at the end of subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S BCM Project Task Order BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Project and Business Process Management Tools Using Outlook 0
T link multiple emails to one project in one way BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P Autopopulate Email Subject from Project BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
C Project Management and Communication History BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P Simple contact and project manger like MissingLink for Outlook Using Outlook 1
wallisellener Marketing and Project Management field are not displaying BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T sequential project numbers in Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M How do I get the version number of the Setup project? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E trust access to visual basic project greyed out in outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S O2K vbe error message "Can't find project or library"? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C All my projects and project tasks are gone - OL BCM 2007 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Best way to distribute VBA project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J No setup project with Outlook 2007 Add-In project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
M Adding another add-in to a project Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Can I link a single project to multiple accounts / business contac BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Re: Convert Oportunity to Project? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3