Outlook 2010 is loading many times already received emails from external acc.

mcerni

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,
I have Outlook 2010 bought within MS Office Prof 2010 package.
After configuring Outlook 2010 to get my emails from various email accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, others), it keeps loading already received emails anytime is looking for new mail.
Let's say, today I open Outlook and right away I get the emails. The problem is that within the new emails I get also already received mails, from 1 or 2 days before. Hours later it brings again new email plus the previous gotten emails; for the duplicate emails, it's doing that either for all accounts or for only 1 or 2 randomly. I went on the external email account and opened the emails and still Outlook gets them again and again. I want to keep emails on the server to access them by phone. So far, I haven't been able to figure out a clear pattern. I used before Outlook Express, Windows Mail and Windows Mail Live and I've never ever had this problem.
Any idea how to fix his annoying behavior?
Thanks,
Mike

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: Outlook 2010 is loading many times already received emails from external a

How are the accounts configured? (POP3, IMAP) - if POP3, are you using 1 inbox folder?

Outlook 2010 doesn't handle multiple pop accounts delivering to one inbox as well as it should - it's optimized for one pst file per account. The Mailbox Manager file that tracks the last downloaded message is stored in the inbox the account delivers to and is easily corrupted when multiple accounts are using it.

mcerni

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3

All accounts are POP3 and I'm using one single Inbox for all. It was the setup by default. I didn't know it could be done with multiple Inboxes.

The duplication goes on all the time. I figured out that it stopped for Gmail account (wehre I have two acc.) but continues for Yahoo and another email account from a hosted mail provider. Interesting!

What should I do to repair it?

Thanks,

Mike

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server

You should create separate pst files for the yahoo and other account. Go to File, Account Settings and Add a data file then select the account on the Email tab and change the delivery folder by clicking the button at the bottom of the screen.

Or set outlook to remove mail from the server. Actually, if you have gmail set to archive mail as you download it, thats why you don't get dupes from gmail.

mcerni

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3

Thank for your answers,

Finally, I created mailboxes for each email account and the trouble was solved nicely. I put all inboxes in Favorites and collapsed everything else. Now, it's easier to track mails by account.

Solved!