Missing "Customise Outlook Today" button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriswm

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I use a local only version of Outlook 2010 and I can not find the "Customise Outlook Today" button to change away from my Winter profile I use.

The screen is full page (cannot scroll) and the button is not located at the top of the screen where it normally is (or bottom for that matter).

I have read about this problem with IE updates (2003) and even with outlook 2007, but I have a new laptop with a clean Windows 7 64-bit install and a clean Office 2010 (32-bit) professional install. I am therefore hesitant to edit my registry as suggested in one of those threads (i.e. KB 820575)

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I don't think the registry entry will 'hurt' but i'm not sure it will help with Outlook 2010. You can always delete it if you think it causes problems - its not going to prevent windows from booting.

Chriswm

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thank you so much Diane! :)

The way to have solve it was to un-maximise the Outlook Today screen and once it was smaller (resized) I could scroll down and find the "Customise Outlook Today" button. In Maximised screen mode the button is hidden somewhere at the bottom with no option to scroll down to it (it only briefly flashes by when loading Outlook).

I have now also noticed that whilst this problem happens on my "tv-like" short but wider 15.6 laptop screen in the default 1366 x 768 mode, it is not the case on my colleague's traditional 15" laptop screen that essential runs the same configuration as I have except that her screen is a taller than my HP 4520s laptop and therefore have a deeper Portrait-like display. So this problem may be more prevalent on the shorter but wider screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.