Status
Not open for further replies.

younggunpup

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi there,

So im having a problem with my 2010 32-bit outlook. Im running this on Windows 7. I created all my contacts here on this machine and have notes in the notes field. I then export them to a .pst file.

I then load that on to my other computers which run windows xp and outlook 2007. the contacts show up fine as does the numbers, address, etc. what DOES NOT show up are any notes.

I work from home and have a total of 4 computers that need the same contact information. I have researched the exchange server and that is above what we need I believe and something we dont want to spend money on if we dont have to. Like I said, we can see all the contacts this way, just not the notes.

How can I transfer my file/contacts to the other computers when I update my main computer and have the notes appear?

Thanks for any help

if you need further information please let me know

Just to clarify, the notes I am talking about is in the contact itself, not the individual notes section.

When you open a contact on the right side there is a notes field. That is the area we are having issues

thanks

if you exported to a pst file, you should have the notes - if you export to other formats, you might or might not.

If you open the pst file in Outlook 2010, do you see the notes? Are you importing them into Outlook 2007 or opening the pst using File, Open, Outlook Data file?

As an FYI, you might want to look into Hosted Exchange - Office 365 (Microsoft's offering) is $6/mo per mailbox and you can acess the mailbox from anywhere, using a web browser or Outlook. Other hosted Exchange providers are slightly higher but still affordable. That would definitely make it easier to keep the computers in sync.

I can open the PST file that I created in Outlook 2010 when I open that file in 2010. If I try to open it in 2007 (when I export it from 2010 and import it in 2007) I get the information just not the notes.

I located my actual PST file for Outlook and copied that and imported that in the 2007. That unfortunatly loaded everything (Contacts, email, tasks, etc). That did load over the notes for the contacts though. But I had to go through and erase all of the other stuff I didnt want.

I have only IMPORTED the PST files.

As far as the Hosted Exchange, I looked into that and it looks interesting but it definetly adds alot more steps to accomplishing what I would like. There has to be a way where I can just open Outlook and have what I need in there. It is very simple to backup the contacts and import them to each of the other 3 computers, I just need the notes lol.

Thanks

Im sorry, the above post does not make sense to me at all. Could you try re-explaining this. It looks like your telling me to use multiple programs or to switch programs. That is not what I want or need to do. I only want to use outlook.

Thanks

Do not IMPORT - open the pst file using File, Open, Outlook Data file and look at the contacts.

Ignore that post. I'll mark it as spam. Those jerks are always spamming this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
J Backup .OST - Custom Contact Forms, Defined Fields, Notes Using Outlook 1
K Contact notes field replicating Using Outlook 6
makinmyway How Prevent Re-Formatting of Contact Notes Field When Syncing Using Outlook 10
M Customize Comments / Notes Section time stamp on Contact Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P Select image in contact notes field and save as jpg Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
P mailto replication in Outlook Contact Notes Using Outlook 4
C Outlook Custom Contact Form Attach Files in new notes fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Contact's Notes field not transferring when forwarding vCard Using Outlook 6
J Changing Contact Notes Font Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Bulk Edit contact notes BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Notes / Comments in Contact - Text is there but not indexed or searchable BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A Searching for text in Contact notes Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Contact Notes show previous history with strike through. Using Outlook 1
F Text Format Change - Bulk Edit Contact Notes Using Outlook 2
Q More than one Notes section in custom contact forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Contact deletion Using Outlook 2
R Roadrunner Email Settings | Contact Roadrunner Customer Support Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 365 No scroll bars in Contact Using Outlook 2
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
M Disable Contact Card Results when using "Search People" in Outlook Ribbon Using Outlook 7
M Contact suggestion Using Outlook 2
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1