BCM: Email attachments are not shown

Squire4Hire

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hmmm... that IS a little frustrating.

To be more clear, BCM does track your emails to and from a contact with the attachment but it loses the attachment link/notification when the original email has been deleted. In other words, there is no way to know if an old deleted email referenced a file attachment.

This is problematic and I have yet to find a solution for it... I'll let you know if I figure something out!

Edit: Thinking further into this - I doubt it will open the original email from another persons computer, which means the email doesn't even have to be deleted... hmmm...

Squire4Hire

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
A work around as stated in this forum : If an attachment is pertinent to a business contact or a project and there is concern that the original email may be deleted at some point in the future, save the email to the system and add it into the Communication Notes section as a file attachment.

It's not as elegant of setting and forgetting but it should resolve the issue.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Adding the attachment or email as an attachment is the best option. (It's the same in Outlook without BCM.) I don't have bcm on this computer so i can't check until tomorrow, but you may be able to drag the attachments or the email to the BCM form.

Squire4Hire

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Confirmed. A file can be dragged and dropped into the contacts Business Notes on their contact page.