dates missing when importing emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanel2140

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
After having exported all my emails from my old pc, I've tried to import them again in Outlook on my new pc. I've succeeded, but somehow the dates have not been transferred, so now I don't know when emails were sent or received. Anyone a solution?

chanel2140

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I had first tried to export to pst, but that was not possible (not active), so I had to choose csv (comma separated value). Now it says "Date: none". Even when I go into the email I cannot change this 'none' to a specific date. It does seem that the emails have been imported in the correct order, with the oldest on top, the most recent at the bottom.

Forum Admin

Dates aren't included when you export to files. Since its a pop3 account, find the pst and copy it to the new machine, then open it in outlook.

chanel2140

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Dates aren't included when you export to files. Since its a pop3 account, find the pst and copy it to the new machine, then open it in outlook.
I'm afraid it's a complete disaster. I couldn't find the pst and now I notice that all attachments have been removed too, which of course makes sense I realise just now. I cannot go back to the 'old' outlook because that pc has beend reinstalled. Just grin and bear it?

Forum Admin

If you don't have access to the old computer or have a backup copy of the old pst file, yeah, you are out of luck and the only option is to grin and bear it. Count it as a lesson learned and remember not to do it that way next time. You should also make regular backups of the pst file - if you had one, you'd at least have all of the old attachments (and dates), missing only what arrived since the last backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.