dates missing when importing emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanel2140

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
After having exported all my emails from my old pc, I've tried to import them again in Outlook on my new pc. I've succeeded, but somehow the dates have not been transferred, so now I don't know when emails were sent or received. Anyone a solution?

I had first tried to export to pst, but that was not possible (not active), so I had to choose csv (comma separated value). Now it says "Date: none". Even when I go into the email I cannot change this 'none' to a specific date. It does seem that the emails have been imported in the correct order, with the oldest on top, the most recent at the bottom.

Dates aren't included when you export to files. Since its a pop3 account, find the pst and copy it to the new machine, then open it in outlook.

Dates aren't included when you export to files. Since its a pop3 account, find the pst and copy it to the new machine, then open it in outlook.

I'm afraid it's a complete disaster. I couldn't find the pst and now I notice that all attachments have been removed too, which of course makes sense I realise just now. I cannot go back to the 'old' outlook because that pc has beend reinstalled. Just grin and bear it?

If you don't have access to the old computer or have a backup copy of the old pst file, yeah, you are out of luck and the only option is to grin and bear it. Count it as a lesson learned and remember not to do it that way next time. You should also make regular backups of the pst file - if you had one, you'd at least have all of the old attachments (and dates), missing only what arrived since the last backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
V Why is "Value Required" checkbox greyed out for Dates? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
I Help with dates in task list. Using Outlook 5
Z Outlook for G Suite emails showing wrong dates Using Outlook 4
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 Extract Flag Completed dates to Excel Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
O Outlook 2016 follow-up flags--how can I add dates? Using Outlook 1
L Entering dates in Contacts and Calendar Using Outlook 4
O highlighted dates in Yearly View for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Extract Dates for Appointment Item in Body of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
1 Incorrect dates in sent folder Using Outlook 4
C Many Expiration Dates in Custom Form Using Outlook 1
N To Do bar showing incorrect due dates on tasks Using Outlook 4
O automate dates in outlook template Using Outlook 1
R adding anniversary dates in outlook Using Outlook 2
B Birthday dates automatically (and improperly) placed in Birthday Details Using Outlook 2
D Task Start and Due Dates Using Outlook 3
T Conditional dates in Outlook Calendar Exchange Server Administration 1
C Dates changes to 1899 when Tab key hit in Time... Using Outlook 3
S Inserting Dates With Quick Parts (or Macros) Using Outlook 4
K Recurring Tasks on specific dates, not pattern Using Outlook 0
S Reminders and Due Dates in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 6
D Sending Multiple Meeting Dates in One Meeting Request Using Outlook 4
A Is there a calender preference for Julian Dates in outlook? Using Outlook 4
T comparing and subtracting sent and received dates Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D offline fatabase on laptop not remembering TASKS dates BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Get Dates of Recurring Events in Shared Appointment Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Outlook 2021 ScanPST errors (yet again ... sorry): repair button missing Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 5
G LinkedIn tab missing in Outlook 365 (but working in OWA) Using Outlook 0
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
M Outlook calendar is missing Using Outlook 2
Witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2016 Contacts missing in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
M Simplified ribbon missing Using Outlook 3
T Missing Folder in Outlook.com Using Outlook 3
G Missing forward/replied icons Using Outlook 2
T 3 months of archived e-mail is missing Using Outlook 1
T Missing text in e-mail message after "(Please keep confidential)" Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 2016 Web add-in missing on some machines Using Outlook 9
C iCloud Setting missing Outlook tab and Outlook missing the iCloud refresh button Using Outlook 4
O Outlook 365 - Toolbar - Close all items - missing? Using Outlook 3
V Items missing in Sent folder Using Outlook 10
A Missing context menu on Location field Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2016 - Tasks View Settings Missing Using Outlook 1
S Missing Outlook calendar and contacts Using Outlook 0
T Missing Outlook subordinate folder Using Outlook 0
J Tasks - the missing link... for me at least. Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2013 fails to start -- missing WindowsCodecs.dll error Using Outlook 3