Status
Not open for further replies.

scttyd

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Everyone,

I work for a contractor and we use outlook appointments to keep track of all our bid invites and proposal dates. I have created a custom form that I want to use as a job summary for each appointment to update each project manager about the job according to the fields that I have created.

Here is my question:

When the information for the job has been put into the p.2 "Job Summary" tab, we want that information to be displayed instead of the general appointment page when we send an update. Is there anyway to update/email the p.2 information using either a code or macro to place the information in the front of the general tab or preferably, being able to import a send update button into the p.2 custom form? I know the general tab is not open for the developer so I'm trying to find a way to send this information on the p.2 tab. Thanks!

Scott

Forum Admin

You can't send just the tab/contents of the tab as an appointment but if you mean that you want to send an email with the contents on the p.2 tab as the message body, that is doable. (But I forget how <g> I'll check on it.)

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]If you want that tab to be the default when the appt is opened, use

Sub Item_Open()
Item.GetInspector.SetCurrentFormPage "P.2"

End Sub

where p.2 is the tab name.

scttyd

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Yeah, most of them use their iphones so they only get the message body so that is exactly what i need to know. If you could check that out I would appreciate it. Thanks.

You can't send just the tab/contents of the tab as an appointment but if you mean that you want to send an email with the contents on the p.2 tab as the message body, that is doable. (But I forget how <g> I'll check on it.)

If you want that tab to be the default when the appt is opened, use

Sub Item_Open()
Item.GetInspector.SetCurrentFormPage "P.2"

End Sub

where p.2 is the tab name.

Status
Not open for further replies.